The Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority (“The FDHA”) is the owner of the Grady Health System (“GHS”), which is managed and operated by The Grady Memorial Hospital Corporation. The FDHA is governed by a 10 member Board of Trustees, appointed by Fulton and DeKalb Counties’ Boards of Commissioners. The FDHA is charged with ensuring that GHS continues to provide quality care to the indigent and medically underserved residents of Fulton and DeKalb County residents.
The Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority is committed to helping individuals in the community make informed health care decisions through community outreach efforts. We aim to positively impact the health of our communities by providing health education opportunities and connecting with partners that share our commitment to encouraging healthy lifestyles.
Marketing and Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist will manage the execution of marketing strategies communications plans with specific emphasis for the Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority’s initiatives and will collaborate with Fulton and DeKalb counties and surrounding counties about events associated with the “Authority.”
- Supports the strategic plan of the organization by making sure any and all events are reaching our constituency base in the respective counties and when designated, statewide and nationally.
- Act as liaison between staff, board and community partners to deliver a sound communication product.
- Effectively coordinate the development, design, approval, production, and distribution of marketing materials in cooperation with the staff, Board of Trustees and the Executive Team of the FDHA.
- Champion the company brand identity across all developed materials.
- Coordinate marketing communications projects.
- Brief the Board of Trustees and staff about copy, image, and content needs in the development of collateral, advertisements, booth graphics, events, websites, and other promotional activities, such as T-shirts, mugs, polo shirts, etc.
- Coordinate the adaptation and translation of marketing materials for use with our partners of the Authority and stakeholders.
- Oversee development of marketing and promotional materials for our Follow-up Forums, Ice Cream Festival, Health Summits, Annual Healthcare Champion’s Dinner, Host Committee and Advisory Teams, etc.
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects sponsored and delivered by the FDHA.
- Route materials for review and approval by the CEO and COO.
- Develop Press Releases and Press Conferences.
- Coordinate radio, television and print media interviews and appearances.
- Work with print vendors to establish quotes, production schedules, and delivery of materials for distribution to the FDHA.
- Increase operational efficiency for the organization.
- Ensure department compliance with established standard policies and procedures.
- Oversee the development of the Annual Report and periodic newsletters.
Marketing Communications Skills and Specifications
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Marketing Communications experience in copywriting, graphic design, or PR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable with web-based project management tools and collaboration technologies.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, Dreamweaver, Front Page skills.
- Good understanding of marketing concepts.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Good content writing skills and ability to get into the skin of any product.
- Good project management and execution skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results driven, proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Flexible, change embracing in rapidly evolving work and market environment.
- Ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Marketing Communications Education and Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business management or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing or related function at agency or internal marcom department.
- Non-profit understanding or experience.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office.
Marketing Communications Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee for the FDHA in designing and coordinating all integrated marketing communication activities and processes.
- Coordinating in production and designing variety of marketing communications processes.
- Developing and manage concepts related to brochures, pamphlets, infomercials and other marketing and promotional materials.
- Monitoring the implementation of various marketing activities and processes.
- Keeping track of the success rate and performance of on-going promotional campaigns and making the required changes for better effectiveness and also receiving feedbacks on these campaigns.
- Designing timely contents for websites and updating them on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Developing presentations and producing newsletter of the company on a quarterly basis.
- Attending community meetings with other constituents and partners to keep them abreast of what we are offering as an “Authority.”
- Providing timely training for the staff, and stakeholders on effective communications and techniques.
Marketing Communications Salary
- The salary will be based on educational background and experience in the field of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations.